- You may rate each kwip only once.
You may change your rating as often as you like, but only your most recent rating will be counted. You may not take any actions or make any attempts to submit multiple ratings for any given kwip. We have several measures in place to prevent and detect such instances, and if we determine or have any reason to believe that you have violated this rule, you will be permanently banned from the site.
- You may not try to sabotage any other user.
Given the inherently competitive nature of Kwipster, the nefarious among us may be tempted to deliberately post low ratings or inappropriately flag kwips from certain users, in an attempt to lower their competitors' rankings and boost their own. If you find yourself among said tempted, resist. We are constantly scanning our database for any signs of foul play and will not hesitate to shock and awe your account into non-existence.
- If it's not a joke, don't kwip it.
You may not post any non-joke comments, thoughts, or opinions as kwips. Kwips must be clearly identifiable as jokes (or at least attempts at them). Save your humor-free commentary for another site. Kwipster is for quips.
- You may post up to 10 kwips per story.
The first joke is always the hardest, but it often seems to bring many more in behind it. And sometimes they get even funnier as you go. So keep on kwippin'; you can post up to 10 jokes per story.
- You may not edit your kwips or replies once they've been posted.
Make sure to proofread your kwips before you submit them, because you can't revise them once they've been posted. As you may guess, the ability to edit could be abused. The same rule goes for replies, although we may add the ability to edit those in the future.
- Delete with care.
Wanna call a mulligan on a misfire? While we're still a new site, you can delete any kwips you post (which also deletes any ratings associated with them). But we may adjust this policy at any time if/when we start to see misuse of the feature - in the form of users manipulating their scores.
- You may not copy another user's kwip, nor plagiarize any non-users' jokes.
If you've already seen it or heard it on Kwipster or anywhere else, don't use it -- or any close variation of it. Stealing another comic's material is about as douchey as it gets, and depending on the case, may even violate federal copyright laws. Don't end up in the pokey from stealing another man's joke-y. Especially that one. Similarly, you may not quote another user's kwip or any non-user's joke as part of your kwip (in an attempt to circumvent this rule).
- You may not reuse kwips, whether they're yours or anyone else's.
While recycling may be all the rage in the physical universe, it's expressly forbidden in our little slice of cyberspace. Don't use any of your jokes for multiple stories. Our microchips will pack and ship them into oblivion, and your score will pay the freight.
- Your posts must be text only.
- You may not post kwips that are unrelated to the corresponding story.
You might think that posting your favorite knock-knock joke as a kwip for any random/unrelated story might be a great way to score big points. You'd be mistaken, not to mention misguided. Stick to the story or find somewhere else to play.
- You may not impersonate any other person.
This includes any other users or non-users, whether they're living or dead. As much as you may like David Letterman, don't make any pretense that you're him -- unless you actually are.
- While we encourage you to be creative in your kwips, you may not post any content that is any of the following:
- abusive, threatening, or intimidating
- malicious, libelous, or defamatory
- racist, bigoted, or hateful
- patently offensive or obscene
- fraudulent or misrepresentative
- commercial in nature
- inflammatory, harassing, or irritating to other users
- contains or solicits anyone's personal information
- infringes upon any party's intellectual property rights
- implies our endorsement
- encourages any of the above